Proposal: Adding on

Christian Maeder maeder at tzi.de
Fri Nov 3 09:19:17 EST 2006

Nils Anders Danielsson schrieb:
> On Fri, 03 Nov 2006, Christian Maeder <maeder at tzi.de> wrote:
>
>> Since Data.Ord and Data.Eq now have there on modules and are part of the
>> prelude, I suggest to create Data.Function and put in "flip", "id",
>> "const" (did I forget one?) and "on".
>
> You forgot (.) and ($), which are already included.

Right, although I did look into your code I overlooked your re-export,
because I expected the implementation of these function to be in the
module whereas the prelude should re-export parts of it (Data.Function).

However, the "true origin" of a function does not seem to matter and I
don't know if Data.Ord re-exports parts of the Prelude or vice versa.

> I didn't include
> seq, ($!) or asTypeOf.

Good, Christian