base libraries

Bulat Ziganshin bulat.ziganshin at gmail.com
Thu Nov 23 07:12:06 EST 2006

Hello Ross,

> It would be possible to split off bytestring, containers, prettyprinting
> and printf now (though some of them would still be in GHC's core, as
> they're used by Cabal).  Splitting the rest is more complicated than
> picking GHC.*, as there are many interdependencies.  But we could do
> the easy part now.

i think that most important tasks is splitting off of rather new code,
especially code added/changed in 6.6. this can create possibility to use
it with ghc 6.4; moreover, this code is more likely to change in
future

i don't know every bit of base lib, but i suppose that any code on
which ghc.*/Hugs.Prelude is not dependent can be easily moved outside?

--
Best regards,
 Bulat                            mailto:Bulat.Ziganshin at gmail.com