Proposal: Add System.FilePath to base

Bulat Ziganshin bulat.ziganshin at gmail.com
Thu Nov 23 07:19:21 EST 2006

Hello Neil,

> * Portability, Windows+Linux, GHC+Hugs+Yhc

may be i'm wrong but adding NHC compatibility seems like an important
issue. reasons: base lib and cabal now supports nhc and anything
proposed to be used here need to follow the same requirements

> 3 The base libraries are being split up
>   * This is something happening in the future
>   * Put FilePath in, where it currently belongs, move it later
>   * The FilePath library belongs with type FilePath, which belongs in base
>   * If we ever move to an ADT, this library will have to be in base

if you spend your time working on it, it's better to work in right
direction instead of playing ping-pong - now you are moving this
module from FilePath library to the Base and in future someone will
make just the opposite operation :)

--
Best regards,
 Bulat                            mailto:Bulat.Ziganshin at gmail.com