Building extra-libs using Cabal

Ross Paterson ross at soi.city.ac.uk
Mon Oct 2 19:07:12 EDT 2006

On Thu, Sep 28, 2006 at 11:34:08AM +0100, Ross Paterson wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 28, 2006 at 11:19:42AM +0100, Simon Peyton-Jones wrote:
> > The relevant packages are:
> >
> > Haddock errors: http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/ghc/ticket/894
> > 	network
> > 	xhtml
> > 	opengl
> > 	openal
> > 	alut
>
> xhtml is fixed.  The others (plus GLUT, I think) are a Cabal problem.

To elaborate, when cpphs is called from the haddock phase, it's not
passed the cpp arguments that are used by build.  I think Cabal needs
a cpp-options field, for cpp options needed for Haskell source.  They're
currently in cc-options or compiler-specific option fields, but they
don't really belong there.