4th Cabal-1.1.6 release candiate

Malcolm Wallace Malcolm.Wallace at cs.york.ac.uk
Tue Oct 10 04:54:20 EDT 2006

Duncan Coutts <duncan.coutts at worc.ox.ac.uk> writes:

> > > One possibility would be to update to the latest cpphs
> > > unlit code, but for that of course we'd need your permission as the
> > > copyright licenses are different.
> >
> > The unlit code in cpphs was largely taken from an early version of the
> > Haskell Report.
>
> Does that mean you do give us permission, or that you think we don't
> need your permission? I just want it to be clear, because cpphs is
> mostly LGPL and Cabal is BSD3.

I meant that the code is not mine, so you do not need my permission.  An
acknowledgement that the code was in the Haskell 1.2 Language Report is
probably sufficient.

> To be honest I think it'd be easier at the moment to update the unlit
> code rather than using cpphs --unlit

Yes, probably a better strategy.  Use a library rather than an external
tool (unless there are licensing issues to prevent it, which in this
case there are not).

Regards,
    Malcolm