run..Process borrow handles and escape argumentes - missing function?

Marc Weber marco-oweber at gmx.de
Tue Apr 17 05:40:24 EDT 2007

Couldn't find a function which does this:
use stdin/out/err of the main application and escapes the passed arguments
automatically.

I want to call "ssh user at host command"
(runCommand :: String -> IO () )
command may contain redirection > so I would have to escape them.
I don't want to have to do that

I can pass a list of args to
runProcess.. fine. So I can use
runProcess ... (Just stdin) (Just stdout) ... to borrow the handles ?
No: the comments say:
--  Any 'Handle's passed to 'runProcess' are placed immediately in the
     closed state.
That's not what I want.

So I think there is still a function missing ?
Cale has pointed me to hsh so I'll have a look there..

Marc