problem with unix package

Frederik Eaton frederik at a5.repetae.net
Thu Apr 19 10:30:34 EDT 2007

Hello Stefan,

Thanks for your reply. Now I have found a repository here, is this the
right one?

http://darcs.haskell.org/packages/unix/

However, it doesn't build for me:

$ darcs get --partial http://darcs.haskell.org/packages/unix/
$ cas configure --user --prefix=$HOME && cas build && cas install --user

Setup.hs:17:30:
    Couldn't match expected type `UserHooks'
           against inferred type `Maybe UserHooks'
      Expected type: Hook a
      Inferred type: PackageDescription
                     -> LocalBuildInfo
                     -> Maybe UserHooks
                     -> BuildFlags
                     -> IO ()
    In the second argument of `($)', namely
        `buildHook defaultUserHooks'
    In the `buildHook' field of a record
$ ghc --version
The Glorious Glasgow Haskell Compilation System, version 6.6

Is this a cabal version problem? Yet it seems odd that unix-2.0
builds, but unix HEAD which also has version 2.0 doesn't build...

I have a project which depends on 'unix' which I would like to use, so
if you can point me to a working version or tell me what to fix then
it would be helpful.

Thanks,

Frederik

http://ofb.net/~frederik/