authentication for hackage uploads

David House dmhouse at gmail.com
Thu Jan 4 05:37:35 EST 2007

On 03/01/07, Ross Paterson <ross at soi.city.ac.uk> wrote:
> I think that Apache authentication (as used in Trac, for example) ...

Just to point out that Trac's authentication is probably the most
annoying I've ever used. It would never remember that I was logged in
and every time I wanted to make a change to the Trac I'd have to hunt
for the 'Log in' button and enter my username and password. If this is
tied to HTTP auth, consider this a strong vote _against_ the proposed
system from someone who's had experience working with the system in
practise.

-David House, dmhouse at gmail.com