Is there already a list class?

David Roundy droundy at darcs.net
Wed Jan 10 10:32:50 EST 2007

On Wed, Jan 10, 2007 at 09:54:57AM +0000, Aaron Denney wrote:
> On 2007-01-10, David Roundy <droundy at darcs.net> wrote:
> > (But I don't like functional dependencies, because they confuse me, and
> > hope that associated types end up making it into Haskell'...)
>
> Huh.  I don't understand associated types, and functional dependencies
> seem fairly transparent, if perhaps low-level to me.

The trouble is that fundeps *seem* transparent, but they aren't (at least,
according to implementors).  ATs, once you have heard about them, actually
are simple, I believe.  It's the restrictions on fundeps to allow
termination and decideability that make them confusing...
--
David Roundy
http://www.darcs.net