Is there already a list class? - support for specialized lists?

Bulat Ziganshin bulat.ziganshin at gmail.com
Wed Jan 10 07:31:27 EST 2007

Hello Marc,

> data WordString word = ...
> type ByteString = WordString Word8

> Than the problem would be gone and we would also gain an ByteString
> implementation for Unicode, right? *smile*

> But I don't know ByteString that well by now so I might be totally
> wrong..

yes, and it was proposed numerous times. but other parameter-less
collection implementations can still exist

btw, i've attached my own demo of such class together with example of
generic foldr

i also have proposed to extend syntax of (:), [] (including pattern
matching) in Haskell' to use this class operations instead of be bound to
lazy lists

--
Best regards,
 Bulat                            mailto:Bulat.Ziganshin at gmail.com