Unsafe aspects of ByteString

Bulat Ziganshin bulat.ziganshin at gmail.com
Tue Jan 30 20:19:46 EST 2007

Hello Donald,

Tuesday, January 30, 2007, 6:08:50 AM, you wrote:

> The Data.ByteString functions relating to CString have now been modified
> as follows, in the darcs repository. These changes will be propogated
> into base in due course.

i.e. only in ghc 6.8. i use this chance to remind about our suggestion
to remove ByteString from Base in ghc 6.6.1 and include it as
*separate* library. it will make upgrading possible and will conform
with the situation in ghc 6.4 and, i hope, ghc 6.8. now one forced to
use different .cabal files for 6.4 and 6.6 just to include/exclude
this lib

--
Best regards,
 Bulat                            mailto:Bulat.Ziganshin at gmail.com