hackageDB

Alistair Bayley alistair at abayley.org
Wed Jan 31 05:25:30 EST 2007

> > What happens if you introduce a new Category in an uploaded .cabal
> > file? Is it automatically added to the existing categories?
>
> I think so, see 'Safe'.

Confusion here. I see no Category in Safe-0.1.cabal.

> Can we prevent that?

Might be better to allow users (an administrative subset, maybe?) to
edit the categories attached to each package. So, they're inferred
when uploaded for the frist time, but after that are user maintained.
For example, should Web be a separate Category from Network. If so,
shouldn't HTTP also be present under Web? And so on...

Alistair