Proposal: Data.Stream

Wouter Swierstra wss at Cs.Nott.AC.UK
Fri Jul 13 10:20:56 EDT 2007

Hi Ian,

>> or at least, the standard libraries.
>
> I'm not sure what you mean by "the standard libraries". It wouldn't be
> needed to build GHC, so it wouldn't be a GHC "core lib".
>
> Other than that, if it's in hackage then it's as standard as any other
> library!

Thanks for clearing that up.

But why do libraries like mtl or QuickCheck work "out of the box" (on
my distribution) without having installed them from Hackage? Maybe
this is just me being a bit thick, but there seems to be at least
several packages, beyond base, that come bundled with ghc. That's
what I'd refer to as "standard libraries" - the term comes from the
link to http://haskell.cs.yale.edu/ghc/docs/latest/html/libraries/
index.html on the haskell.org frontpage.

Ideally, that's where I'd like to see a separate package for
Codata.Stream pop up.

Best,

   Wouter