Proposal: Data.Stream

Chris Smith cdsmith at twu.net
Fri Jul 13 11:46:04 EDT 2007

> igloo:
>> I'm not sure what you mean by "the standard libraries". It wouldn't
>> be needed to build GHC, so it wouldn't be a GHC "core lib".
>>
>> Other than that, if it's in hackage then it's as standard as any
>> other library!

There does seem to be another level of "standard-ness" than this.
Specifically, it would involve the library being distributed with GHC
distributions and included in the documentation at
http://haskell.org/ghc/docs/latest/html/libraries/.  The base split is
great, but I hope that it doesn't mean the standard libraries (in this
sense) are being phased out, or that libraries or documentation will be made
harder for Haskell newcomers to find and use.

--
Chris Smith