darcs patch: add README to warn about autoreconf

Chris Kuklewicz haskell at list.mightyreason.com
Wed Jun 13 14:09:12 EDT 2007

Ian Lynagh wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 01, 2007 at 02:26:36PM -0600, cdsmith at twu.net wrote:
>> Fri Jun  1 11:55:27 MDT 2007  cdsmith at twu.net
>>   * add README to warn about autoreconf
>>
>> New patches:
>>
>> [add README to warn about autoreconf
>> cdsmith at twu.net**20070601175527] {
>> addfile ./README
>> hunk ./README 1
>> +To build this package using Cabal directly from darcs, you must run
>> +"autoreconf" before the usual Cabal build steps (configure/build/install).
>> +autoreconf is included in the GNU autoconf tools.  There is no need to run
>> +the "configure" script: the "setup configure" step will do this for you.
>
> This is really up to Christopher as the regex-posix maintainer, but we
> should probably try to be consistent between Cabal packages here, i.e.
> this sort of thing ought to be in the same place in any Cabal darcs
> checkout.

I'll take a look at the patches.

> I don't think README is the best name, as some Cabal packages will want
> to put README into the source tarball. Perhaps README.darcs?
>
> Incidentally, regex-posix gives TextRegexLazy at personal.mightyreason.com
> as its maintainer but "darcs send" goes to libraries at haskell.org; is
> that what you want to happen, Christopher?

The @personal.mightyreason.com address is my own.  regex-* were my first darcs
releases.  And I have only gotten 1 other patch before this, and so I have not
carefully set things up.

As regex-posix is now part of the GHC release I think patches should not be sent
 to an address where only I will see them.  Is there a better choice than
libraries at haskell.org for that?