Proposal: Add First and Last wrappers around Maybe to Data.Monoid

Spencer Janssen sjanssen at cse.unl.edu
Mon Mar 12 15:41:43 EDT 2007

I'd like to note that the behavior for this Maybe instance is quite
different from what you get with MonadPlus.  This seems inconsistent
with respect to the instances of MonadPlus and Monoid for lists.

I realize I'm objecting in the 11th hour, but I think this requires
some consideration.

Cheers,
Spencer Janssen