System.FilePath Re[2]: ANN: HSH 1.2.0

Ian Lynagh igloo at earth.li
Tue Mar 13 19:22:23 EDT 2007

On Tue, Mar 13, 2007 at 09:24:42AM +0000, Neil Mitchell wrote:

> I realise you are trying to split up the base library, but Cabal
> requires it keep to be kept intact just a little bit longer ;)

No, Cabal requires that things needed by Setup.*hs files (such as the
FilePath module) come with all compilers. That can be done by shipping
the filepath package with all compilers rather than putting the module
into the base package.

For the record, I'm also opposed to putting this into base for much the
same reasons as Bulat, as I'm sure I've discussed with Neil before.

Thanks
Ian