Adding System.FilePath

Bulat Ziganshin bulat.ziganshin at gmail.com
Fri Mar 16 04:43:17 EDT 2007

Hello Neil,

Friday, March 16, 2007, 6:22:05 AM, you wrote:

> There is a key difference here, ByteString is actively being worked on
> as a research area. I'm 100% happy with FilePath, I don't intend to go
> anywhere near it - I have plenty of research to do and none of it
> involves putting /slashes\ the right way round!

yes, *you* are happy with it and therefore propose to add it to the
base. *i* want to see it evolved sometime to support various
bytestring kinds and therefore propose to keep it in separate library.
otherwise, we will got either incompatibility between ghc versions or
legacy system.filepath in base and new version in some 3rd-party
library

--
Best regards,
 Bulat                            mailto:Bulat.Ziganshin at gmail.com