Adding System.FilePath

Chris Kuklewicz haskell at list.mightyreason.com
Fri Mar 16 10:18:41 EDT 2007

Ian Lynagh wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 16, 2007 at 08:07:24PM +1100, Duncan Coutts wrote:
>> suspect that we'd never have found these without the huge number of
>> people using the lib that came from it being included as standard.
>
> Please, please, please, packages can come "as standard" (i.e. be a core
> package) without having all their modules be part of the base package.

A useful example of package coming "as standard" with GHC 6.6 is Text.Regex.

In GHC 6.4 all of Text.Regex and Text.Regex.Posix was part of the base package.

I wrote a replacement set of packages:
 regex-base providing Text.Regex.Base*
 regex-posix providing Text.Regex.Posix*
 regex-compat provided Text.Regex

The replacement Text.Regex was exactly the same API as the old Text.Regex, but
used the new regex-posix package as the lower level.

The new lower level Text.Regex.Posix was compatible with old Text.Regex.Posix

--
Chris