Adding System.FilePath

Bulat Ziganshin bulat.ziganshin at gmail.com
Fri Mar 16 11:03:56 EDT 2007

Hello Sven,

> On this platform, peekCString would decode from UTF-8 to Unicode (probably

> For Windows platforms we should use the "wide" API internally, and the CString
> functions would be equivalent to their CWString counterparts.

of course, we can't change CString functions - they are used in many
other places :)  implementation just should use other functions.
again, you may look on my Win32Files module. ideal Files module
should at compile time select between unix/mac/win versions and on
windows at runtime select between wide/legacy versions. also, i hope
that it will support UTF8- and UTF16-encoded bytestrings as filenames
because this allows to save time/space and absolutely required for
programs that work with many thousands of files

--
Best regards,
 Bulat                            mailto:Bulat.Ziganshin at gmail.com