Adding System.FilePath

Bulat Ziganshin bulat.ziganshin at gmail.com
Sat Mar 17 06:28:15 EDT 2007

Hello shelarcy,

Saturday, March 17, 2007, 6:01:20 AM, you wrote:

>> your patch is great, but it is incompatible with Unix and Win9x
>> systems

> Yes, it's just partial modified files. I don't test to build on
> Unix yet. But if we want to support Win98, we can use opencow
> (or MSLU) like Win32 package HEAD.

i've heard about this MSLU, but don't known that it is supported in
Win32 package. so, we need to define only:

open =
#if WINDOWS
  wopen
#else
  open
#endif

>> may be, you will be interested to work on low-level IO library as
>> proposed in http://haskell.org/haskellwiki/Library/IO ?

> Yes, I'm interested in it.

in this case, i propose the following plan - write and test this
library and only then write patch for the base. i think that
debugging of independent library should be easier than working
directly with base

source modules for this library can be extracted from Streams (File,
MappedFile) and base (System.Directory.*, System.Posix.Internals)

if you are student, you can apply for SoC ticket dedicated to this work:
http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/summer-of-code/
http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/summer-of-code/ticket/1113
http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/summer-of-code/wiki/StudApply

--