darcs patch: Add proximal lookup functions in Map (and 2 more)

Malcolm Wallace Malcolm.Wallace at cs.york.ac.uk
Thu May 31 06:21:14 EDT 2007

"Adam Langley" <agl at imperialviolet.org> wrote:

> > That's a great point, I hadn't thought about that. I don't know if
> > people usually send a correction patch, or remake the patch but I've
> > done the former:

In general, the rule would be that a patch published only by email can
be amended at low cost, since very few people apply such patches
directly to their own repositories.

Once a patch has been committed to the main on-line repository however,
a large number of people are likely to have pulled it, so amending is no
longer suitable, and recording a second patch is preferable.

Regards,
    Malcolm