[Haskell-cafe] Libraries need a new owner

Don Stewart dons at galois.com
Sun Nov 25 15:47:11 EST 2007

bernardy:
> On Nov 25, 2007 9:23 PM, Don Stewart <dons at galois.com> wrote:
> >
> > What are the long term goals of the project? To merge key data
> > structures into the containers library?
> >

> They are a more like a replacement, with (almost) the same api, and
> better performance (last time we checked).
>
> Besides, I maintain a common class framework API to use (and test, etc.)
> all those beasts uniformly.

Can you give an overview of which data structures we now have better
replacements for, and what is preventing them being replaced?

Perhaps a good next step would be to break containers up into smaller
pieces, so that individual parts of the containers library can be
selectively replaced?

Once we have experience with what breaks, and what is faster, then we
can proceed to replace components?

-- Don