[Haskell] Re: Trying to install binary-0.4

Neil Mitchell ndmitchell at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 15:48:52 EDT 2007

Hi

> I agree. >= 1.0 isn't viable in the long term. Rather, a specific list,
> or bounded range of tested versions seems likely to be more robust.

In general, if it compiles and type checks, it will work. It is rare
that an interface stays sufficiently similar that the thing compiles,
but then crashes at runtime. Given that, shouldn't the tested versions
be something a machine figures out - rather than something each
library author has to tend to with every new release of every other
library in hackage?

Thanks

Neil