[Haskell] Re: Trying to install binary-0.4

Simon Marlow simonmarhaskell at gmail.com
Wed Oct 17 07:54:12 EDT 2007

I've written down the proposed policy for versioning here:

   http://haskell.org/haskellwiki/Package_versioning_policy

It turned out there was a previous page written by Bulat that contained
essentially this policy, but it wasn't linked from anywhere which explains
why it was overlooked.  I took the liberty of rewriting the text.

I took into account Ross's suggestions that the major version should have
two components, and that we need to be more precise about what it means to
extend an API.

After a round of editing, we can start to link to this page from
everywhere, and start migrating packages to this scheme where necessary.

Cheers,
	Simon