Bumping "extralib" library versions

Duncan Coutts duncan.coutts at worc.ox.ac.uk
Mon Oct 22 18:57:27 EDT 2007

On Mon, 2007-10-22 at 15:42 +0100, Ian Lynagh wrote:

> Ah, sorry, my mistake, I hadn't pulled the latest patch. OK, so in
> principle I'd be fine with 0.3, except if we want to move to 4-component
> version numbers then we need to use 0.3.0.1 anyway (I don't think having
> both 0.3 and 0.3.0.0 which don't compare equal is a good idea. We'll
> just get confused).

> > > 1.2.3.1
> >
> > Again, there are no patches since the patch that tagged version 1.2.3,
> > so no new release is needed.
>
> Again, this is just for the version number length.

Ah yes. Fair enough. If we agree in the end that we are going with the
package versioning policy then we should do it consistently for the core
libs and those included in the extralibs distribution.

I agree with the package versioning policy but I don't think we've heard
enough of a consensus yet to be confident that people agree that it is
the right thing to do.

Duncan