Hackage and GHC 6.8

Ross Paterson ross at soi.city.ac.uk
Tue Sep 25 04:38:48 EDT 2007

On Sun, Sep 23, 2007 at 06:02:13PM -0700, Don Stewart wrote:
> Neil Davies wrote:
> > Given that GHC 6.8 is just around the corner and, given how it has
> > re-organised the libraries so that the dependencies in many (most/all)
> > the packages in the hackage DB are now not correct.
> >
> > Is there a plan of how to get hackage DB up to speed with GHC 6.8 ?
>
> Ian, GHC HQ, can you elaborate on what the plan is on fixing the hackage
> libraries for ghc 6.8 -- should everyone be springing into action to
> update .cabal files and fix api changes?

I'm a bit confused about the version numbering for the boot libraries.
The versions bundled with various versions of GHC are:

ghc-6.6:        base-2.0   template-haskell-2.0 unix-1.0
ghc-6.6.1:      base-2.1.1 template-haskell-2.1 unix-2.1
ghc-6.8 RC:     base-2.1   template-haskell-0.1 unix-2.0

What versions are planned for the release?