Pretty class as alternative for Show class

Henning Thielemann lemming at henning-thielemann.de
Wed Feb 13 08:15:10 EST 2008

On Wed, 13 Feb 2008, John Meacham wrote:

> See my 'Doc' project. which includes both a show alternative class like
> you describe as
> well as a class abstracting different pretty printers.
>
> http://repetae.net/repos/Doc
>
> I use it in quite a few of my projects and it has served me well.

It seems like it was a good idea for me to ask. - What about uploading
all three packages to Hackage (Johannes Waldmann's, Johan Tibell's and
John Meacham's - the package idea seems to be related to the first name
:-) and propose them as addition to the standard Show class? It would help
people to convince no to abuse the Show class for pretty printing.