H98 Text IO

John Meacham john at repetae.net
Tue Feb 26 07:41:49 EST 2008

I came to the same conclusions. I think using either the current
encoding or utf8 are perfectly reasonable interpretations of the
standard. Jhc used to use the current locale always, but now it uses
utf8 always as that was easier to make portable to other operating
systems. (though current locale support will likely be added back at
some point)

I think this is a-okay as far as haskell 98 goes. Assuming latin1
without doing an 'openBinaryFile' is certainly not okay in my book.

        John

--
John Meacham - ⑆repetae.net⑆john⑈