Copyright for readline/editline packages

Thorkil Naur naur at post11.tele.dk
Sat Jan 12 09:37:04 EST 2008

Hello,

Indeed an interesting question. Although I am no licensing expert, I guess
that the intention of the GPL is that if you copy the Haskell readline code
which is under the GPL and modify it, then the result will also be under the
GPL.

Independent development is a possibility, unless you can get hold of the
copyright holder.

Best regards
Thorkil