Proposal: Add concatMapM function (#2042)

Bulat Ziganshin bulat.ziganshin at gmail.com
Tue Jan 15 03:10:23 EST 2008

Hello Yitzchak,

Tuesday, January 15, 2008, 12:00:15 AM, you wrote:
> I import only the functions I need from libraries that I don't
> own myself to minimize that effect.

i think that the better way will be to put all these functions into
extralibs bundled with ghc. this will allow me to control which
concrete version of lib i import and therefore which set of functions
i've used. i don't like idea of editing my module imports each time i
use new functions

> That said, feature creep is definitely a problem. I think
> the GHC team will be the first to agree. But this particular
> function really is a natural.

yes. `forever` function was also so natural that my program becomes
incompatible with ghc 6.8. it's really annoying!

--
Best regards,
 Bulat                            mailto:Bulat.Ziganshin at gmail.com