Proposal: Add concatMapM function (#2042)

Bulat Ziganshin bulat.ziganshin at gmail.com
Thu Jan 31 13:45:26 EST 2008

Hello Johan,

>> > data Encoding = Encoding { encode :: String -> String
>> >                          , decode :: String -> String }

> With this approach I would like some facility (e.g. table) to lookup
> common encodings as the encoding used for a particular datum is not
> know at compile time in many applications (e.g. it's read from a HTTP
> Content-Type header or similar.)

>> lookupEncoding :: String -> Maybe Encoding

you may have several libs installed each one providing its own
set of encodings, moreover some libs (e.g. iconv-based) may provide
this info only at run-time (i.e. in IO monad)

so it have meaning to require from authors of encoding libs/modules to
provide "dictionaries" of encodings implemented, and combine these
dictionaries yourself:

myLookup = do iconvEncodings <- IConv.lookupEncoding
              return (stdEncodings <+> iconvEncodings <+> OtherLib.lookupEncoding)

--
Best regards,
 Bulat                            mailto:Bulat.Ziganshin at gmail.com