hscurses under wrong category

Henning Thielemann lemming at henning-thielemann.de
Thu Jul 3 15:12:58 EDT 2008

On Thu, 3 Jul 2008, Don Stewart wrote:

> v.dijk.bas:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I noticed that the hscurses package[1] is listed under category
>> "User-interface" while all other user interface packages are listed
>> under "User Interfaces".
>>
>> Could someone please release hscurses under the "User Interfaces"
>> category and remove the current one? That will make it more
>> consistent.
>
> In general we need a way for trusted users to tag and categorise
> packages. Restricting uploaded categories would also help in the
> ontology sprawl.

I suggested that introduction of new categories should not be restricted,
but at least a warning and a question should be raised if you introduce a
new category, because it may only be the difference between "User
Interface" and "User-Interface". The downside is, that introducing new
categories in order to place "unique" packages is too tempting.