Cabal-Install Update Problems

Jeff Wheeler jeff at nokrev.com
Sat Jul 26 01:25:25 EDT 2008

On Jul 25, 2008, at 11:38 PM, Duncan Coutts wrote:

> We're using the Haskell HTTP package, so it might be worth trying to
> construct a cut-down test case using that. Using update with the -v3
> flag should dump the http conversation which might give us some
> indication of which phase goes wrong.

That makes sense, but unfortunately I don't think I'm getting much
useful information from the verbose version:

Daedalus:Downloads jeff$ cabal update -v3
Downloading package list from server
'http://hackage.haskell.org/packages/archive'
Sending:
GET http://hackage.haskell.org/packages/archive/00-index.tar.gz HTTP/1.1
Creating new connection to hackage.haskell.org
cabal: recv: resource vanished (Connection reset by peer)

Interestingly, the first time I tried accessing this (the tar file)
from within Safari, it hung for a few seconds and I had to refresh the
page. It now seems to always work from with Safari, even after
quitting and resuming.

Are there any other Haskell utilities that try connecting to the
internet? Perhaps I should try one of those.

Jeff Wheeler