agreeing a policy for maintainers and hackageDB

Duncan Coutts duncan.coutts at worc.ox.ac.uk
Mon Jun 23 17:51:43 EDT 2008

If a few more people could read this nice short policy and say "yes that
looks fine, I agree" then that would be very helpful.

If this is to be something that we put on hackage and expect people to
follow then it needs to be *seen* to be supported by people in the
community. If we need to act on the policy we don't want to be open to
the accusation that the policy was just imposed by Cabal bureaucrats
hell-bent on spoiling people's fun but that it actually reflects the
general view of the Haskell hacker community.

Just because it isn't controversial doesn't mean we don't need your
support! :-)

Of course if you do have any questions or suggestions then now is a good
time to mention them.

Duncan