QuickCheck properties for IntSet

Duncan Coutts duncan.coutts at worc.ox.ac.uk
Thu May 1 15:36:06 EDT 2008

On Thu, 2008-05-01 at 16:41 +0100, Ian Lynagh wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 30, 2008 at 02:08:36PM -0700, Donald Bruce Stewart wrote:
> >
> > So I don't know what is being decided here?
> >
> > No QuickCheck properties for the containers library because Ian doesn't
> > believe in them? Or ..?
>
> Well, I've decided that I'm not going to just apply the patch, but I am
> not the library maintainer. We have
>     http://www.haskell.org/haskellwiki/Library_submissions
> for deciding whether or not changes should be made.

Well, that's really for interface or behaviour changes.

I think it is clear that the library should come with those QC
properties. The issue at stake is if they should be run every time as
part of GHC's testing process.

So I'd suggest applying the patch and then disabling the automatic
running of the tests until that issue is decided. It'd be a bit sad to
let good test code languish just because we can't decide if it should be
run regularly or not.

Duncan