[Haskell-cafe] ANN: unix-2.4.0.0 additional POSIX real time support

Don Stewart dons at galois.com
Sat May 10 02:21:40 EDT 2008

vigalchin:
>    so Don you are saying that mqueue and RTsched I should put on Hackage to
>    avoid putting in the Unix package? Vis-a-vis fsync and fdatasync I have no
>    choice .. they both IMO belong in Files.hsc.

Right, there are two options:

    1) put it in a new package. unix-extensions
or
    2) submit it as a patch to the libraries at haskell.org mailing list,
    and it can be put in the main 'unix' darcs repository, which then
    gets uploaded to hackage in the next release cycle.

It's currently a bug that anyone can (accidentally) release their own
versions of the core libraries.

Cheers,
  Don