[Haskell-cafe] ANN: unix-2.4.0.0 additional POSIX real time support

Neil Mitchell ndmitchell at gmail.com
Sat May 10 07:31:17 EDT 2008

Hi

> password-protection mechanism i've proposed in previous message
> partially enforces this policy, although with many caveats. i hope,

Yay, another password...

My suggestion would be that each account has a list of permissible
packages it can upload. i.e. Ian/Ross/Simon would all have their
accounts include unix as a permissible package. If a user uploads a
new package, which has not been on hackage before, it gets added to
their list. A little UI to allow logged in users to add additional
package maintainers and we'd be all sort - but the UI could come
later. In general it would enforce what we want, with no overhead in
the common case.

Thanks

Neil