Data Parallel Haskell

James Swaine james.swaine at gmail.com
Tue Nov 25 18:18:18 EST 2008

dph does ship with 6.10, but only part of it - DPH is essentially split into
two libraries (at the moment).  the library that ships with the main
distributable is labeled 'convenience without the speed', and has language
extensions for nested data parallelism - but the code actually always
executes sequentially!  (this is not according to me, but rather to the
official website for DPH).

we're trying to get a working build of the other part of DPH, labeled 'speed
without the convenience' - our goal here is rudimentary performance testing
- which doesn't ship with the main distribution of ghc.  this is the part
that we're having such trouble compiling.  i've tried contacting roman about
this but haven't been able to get a response from him.

thanks,
james