HackageDB bug in exposed modules

Duncan Coutts duncan.coutts at worc.ox.ac.uk
Tue Sep 30 14:39:32 EDT 2008

On Tue, 2008-09-30 at 19:39 +0200, Alfonso Acosta wrote:

> > BTW, you may be pleased to know that the latest version of Cabal lets
> > you use (a restricted form of) wildcards in the extra-source-files
> > field.
>
> Great! When will we see a doc-files category?

When people can agree on some conventions on how to build various
formats of documentation. We have all these easy conventions for source
code; we pretty much know how to build a .hs file without needing custom
build rules for every package. For documentation however there is much
less consensus or common convention. What do I do with a .xml file? Is
it xhtml, or do I need to do something obscure with docbook?

This would be an excellent area for someone to take charge, look at the
current common uses and see if there is a way of making the common
simple stuff easy.

Duncan