Failure to install time package

Lennart Augustsson lennart at augustsson.net
Thu Apr 16 05:24:59 EDT 2009

Another word of warning about the time library.
If one builds and installs it using cygwin it will detect that the
localtime_r() function exists, but the actual linking is against MinGW
libraries where it does not exists, so it will fail.
The package must be build using MinGW.

Of course, had the time package not been rudely removed from ghc
6.10.2 this would not have been a problem.

Does anyone have a server where I could put an alternate 6.10.2 binary
distribution for Windows?
One that includes the time package and cabal.exe.

  -- Lennart