Deciding on the decision model for adding and excluding packages

Sittampalam, Ganesh ganesh.sittampalam at credit-suisse.com
Mon Aug 3 10:20:22 EDT 2009

Don Stewart wrote:
> We need to start thinking about how to add or exclude packages from
> the Haskell Platform.
>
> I've written a summary of the discussion so far for evidence-based
> critieria for deciding on package notability.

http://donsbot.wordpress.com/2009/08/01/heuristics-for-blessing-software
-packages/

> Please read it over and think about what the decision model looks
like.
> So we can feed data in, to make decisions on how to include/exclude
packages.

I suggest making the discussion concrete by opening up for a list of
suggestions, and then trying to figure out which of those suggestions
should go in. Hopefully we can then back out a set of principles or
precedents for the future from the discussion.

Ganesh