PROPOSAL: Remove Control.OldException

Yitzchak Gale gale at sefer.org
Tue Aug 4 09:32:47 EDT 2009

Iavor Diatchki wrote:
>> ...it would be great if we had a way to
>> see what are all the extensions used by a program

Yes.

Simon Marlow wrote:
> A prerequisite is to make it an error to use any extensions not declared in
> the .cabal file.  We talked about this a long time ago, but never got around
> to doing anything about it.

So, something like: a ghc option that says "only allow
extensions listed in file x", and have cabal build write such a
temporary file and then invoke this option?

Note: this will cause many packages to break in
the first version of cabal for which it is turned on.

File this as a ticket for ghc and/or cabal?

-Yitz