Thinking about what's missing in our library coverage

Malcolm Wallace malcolm.wallace at cs.york.ac.uk
Thu Aug 6 05:26:49 EDT 2009

> Perhaps the community could come up with a standard boilerplate static
> linking exemption that we could all use?

HaXml uses:

As a relaxation of clause 6 of the LGPL, the copyright holders of this
library give permission to use, copy, link, modify, and distribute,
binary-only object-code versions of an executable linked with the
original unmodified Library, without requiring the supply of any
mechanism to modify or replace the Library and relink (clauses 6a,
6b, 6c, 6d, 6e), provided that all the other terms of clause 6 are
complied with.

Regards,
     Malcolm