licensing [was: Thinking about what's missing in our library coverage]

Isaac Dupree ml at isaac.cedarswampstudios.org
Thu Aug 6 18:16:31 EDT 2009

as for LGPL + static linking exception:
- I wonder if FSF lawyers have made a recommendation for wording or
license for this purpose?  (Currently there exists wording from
WxWidgets, and some Haskell libraries, and is there anything else in the
real world?  Are there licenses other than LGPL intended to accomplish
this that work better?)
- What about LGPL version 3? Can/do we accommodate that? Is it easier or
harder to write the exception in v3 (in which the LGPL is written in
terms of the GPLv3)?

-Isaac