proposal for updates in next major HP release

Duncan Coutts duncan.coutts at worc.ox.ac.uk
Fri Aug 14 15:27:21 EDT 2009

On Thu, 2009-08-13 at 15:51 -0400, David Menendez wrote:

> It would be nice if the packages in the Haskell Platform met some
> minimum standards for documentation.

I think that's one of the many things we'll want to talk about after we
agree the basic procedures for adding new packages. Currently the
steering committee is comping up with a suggestion (or possibly two
alternative suggestions) for the basic procedure. The committee will put
the suggestion(s) to the libs list. Once that's discussed and agreed
then we'll move on to the specifics of what quality standards we want to
ask for.

As for updating existing packages to meet whatever we are asking for new
packages, yes that's something we need to address. Not all of the core
packages have obvious maintainers.

Duncan