proposal for updates in next major HP release

Evan Laforge qdunkan at gmail.com
Fri Aug 14 17:17:15 EDT 2009

I like the format where haddock has reference, and then the main
module's synopsis has links to external documentation like papers and
tutorials.  A warning if the paper's terminology differs from the
implementation would be nice!

As for what the "main module" is, I would put everything in the
package within a single root module and then put the links to learning
material in the root module's synopsis, even if the root doesn't
doesn't contain anything else, or is just re-exports.

On the subject of quickcheck 2, the main page (which is
http://www.cs.chalmers.se/~rjmh/QuickCheck/ according to hackage)
doesn't give any indication that there are two versions, doesn't say
to which version the docs apply to, doesn't have any release
information, "current developments" doesn't look very current, and
doesn't have any dates anyway.  So I had no idea there were two
versions, or that the newer version was better.  Yeah, I'm basically
echoing David, but my experience was the same.