Cabal: literate hscolour

Duncan Coutts duncan.coutts at worc.ox.ac.uk
Mon Aug 24 13:42:07 EDT 2009

On Mon, 2009-08-24 at 18:30 +0100, Malcolm Wallace wrote:

> > I'd like the format of the comments to stay the same as in the
> > file.  The easiest way I suppose is to wrap <pre> tags around them.
> > That's all I meant.
>
> Now I understand.  The literate file format is designed for you to use
> your own markup for the commentary.  In particular, many people use
> real HTML tags (or LaTeX commands etc) for the comments, and I have no
> wish to impede them.  One obvious solution, that would inconvenience
> no-one else, would be to add the <pre> tags yourself.

Malcolm, this is all true but we need some sensible default case, eg for
all the source links in the hackage docs in the case where people are
not using any specific markup. If there were a "pre" mode then I think
this would be the default that Cabal should use (since it currently does
not know any more detail about what form the .lhs files are).

Duncan