Adding an ignore function to Control.Monad

Evan Laforge qdunkan at gmail.com
Mon Dec 14 13:23:11 EST 2009

Sorry, I didn't respond to the survey because I liked the idea,
preferring the Functor versions of course, and I'm not fussy about the
name.  They'll all do for me.  But if you want a vote, I'll jump on
the void bandwagon just to make a deadlock less likely :)

On Mon, Dec 14, 2009 at 8:43 AM, Malcolm Wallace
<malcolm.wallace at cs.york.ac.uk> wrote:
> I vote against 'discard', mainly because I already use it frequently, as an
> infix operator
>
>    discard :: Applicative f => f a -> f b -> f a

Isn't that (<*)?