template haskell (Debian & chart)

Brian Denheyer briand at aracnet.com
Thu Dec 31 00:32:49 EST 2009

Tim Docker writes:
 > Brian Denheyer  wrote:

 > > I need template haskell for chart.
 > >
 > > I installed the libghc6-src-ext-devs which supposedly provides
 > > template haskell, but I get the following error.
 >
 > > Language/Haskell/TH/Syntax/Internals.hs:20:7:
 > >    Could not find module `Data.Data':
 > >      it is a member of the hidden package `base'
 > >      locations searched:
 > >        dist/build/Data/Data.hs
 > >        dist/build/Data/Data.lhs
 > >        Data/Data.hs
 > >        Data/Data.lhs
 > >        dist/build/autogen/Data/Data.hs
 > >        dist/build/autogen/Data/Data.lhs
 >
 > I had this problem also. I was able to work around it by explicitly
 > requesting an older version of data-accessor-template:
 >
 >       cabal install data-accessor-template-0.2.1.1
 >
 > Henning: do you know why the above build fails when using v0.2.1.2 and
 > ghc-10.1.4?
 >
 > Tim

Yes ! That works for me too.

Thank you.

I got confused, I though that data-accessor was part of the template
library and so therefore maybe there was a problem with the versions
being used in debian.

Looks like data-accessor stands on it's own, and that it's really a
problem with chart not being able to use the most recent version of
data-accessor, is that right ?

Brian